COLUMBUS, OH — The National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (National Registry) is pleased to announce a new pathway to National Certification for all board-certified EMS physicians and individuals who have completed an EMS fellowship.
Those who meet the eligibility criteria and wish to proceed forward with this pathway will follow these steps:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line EMS Fellow or EMS Physician
- Include the National Registry level (EMT, AEMT, Paramedic) at which you wish to be certified.
- Provide proof of board certification as an EMS physician or enrollment in EMS fellowship program.
- Examples of acceptable proof include: letter from the approved program, copy of board certificate or transcripts
- A .pdf file format is preferred; A .jpg or .png is acceptable
- The National Registry will confirm receipt of documentation and provide next steps to complete the process.
The eligibility criteria for National Registry certification requires the completion of a State EMS Office approved or accredited training program. Any EMS physician that can provide verification of enrollment in, or completion of, an approved EMS Fellowship, or current Board Certification in the subspecialty of EMS can seek National Certification as an EMT, AEMT or Paramedic.
This pathway was created because a review of Physician EMS Certification requirements showed to cover all parts of the National EMS Education Standards. It was approved at a recent National Registry of EMTs board meeting.
Anyone with questions should contact email@example.com.
Communications & Marketing Manager